Governance & Admin
- Independent 3rd party fund valuations conducted quarterly with annual audit valuations prepared by SGGG Fund Services Inc., a provider of similar services to over 300 funds representing assets in excess of $8 billion and 70% market share in Canada.
- Goodmans LLP
- Hodgson Russ LLP
Custodian of Assets:
- BMO Capital Markets
- Scotia Capital Inc.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- BMO Capital Markets
- Scotia Capital Inc.
- Chairman of Sienna Senior Living’s board of directors.
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Audit Committee and Investment Committee of Morguard North American Residential REIT.
- Recent Chair of the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (“CMHC”), a Canadian government crown corporation which is the premier provider of mortgage loan insurance, mortgage-backed securities, housing policy and programs, and housing research (www.cmhc-schl.qc.ca).
- Former CEO of Toronto Lands Corporation, a subsidiary of the Toronto Public School Board, responsible for handling surplus properties.
- Previously President and CEO of Residential Equities Real Estate Investment Trust. Subsequent to its acquisition by Canadian Apartment Real Estate Investment Trust, Mr. Chiesa has continued his involvement as a member of its Board of Trustees.
- Previously Assistant Deputy Minister at the Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, and CEO of Ontario Housing Corporation.
- Advisory Board of the Schulich School of Business at York University in Toronto.
- Most recently, Executive Vice-President, Reichmann International
- Senior executive and trusted advisor for Mr. Paul Reichmann and his affiliated companies and REITs for over 30 years
- Actively involved as a senior financial executive in Mr. Reichmann’s Olympia & York Developments Ltd., acquisition and divestures of Canary Wharf, Central Park Lodges, Retirement Residences REIT and IPC REIT
- Previously, President and CEO of IPC REIT, a Canadian REIT which was focused exclusively on U.S. commercial, mainly office, properties. IPC REIT was sold in December 2007
- Trustee of Boardwalk REIT and Director of BrightPath Early Learning Inc.
- Mr. Goodman is a (gold medalist) Chartered Accountant and resident of Toronto
- Currently, Mr. Nesbitt is an Adjunct Professor at the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto
- Most recently, Richard served a dual role as Chairman and CEO of CIBC World Markets Inc. as well as Chief Operating Officer of CIBC Bank
- Prior to that Richard was the CEO of the TMX Group, the operator of all major Canadian trading exchanges including the Toronto Stock Exchange, Montreal Exchange and the Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation
- Between 1997 and 2000 he served as President and CEO of HSBC Securities, where he first came to know and work with Vision’s principals and co-portfolio managers Jeffrey Olin and Frank Mayer
- The outstanding contribution that Richard has devoted to several community based and charitable organizations has been recognized by the receipt of prestigious awards and recognitions. This involvement includes his current roles as Chair of the Finance Committee for the 2015 Pan Am/Para Pan Am Games; Board member of the Hospital for Sick Children Foundation; North American Advisory Board Member of the London School of Economics; Chair of the Financial Services Advisory Board at the Rotman School of Management; and Advisory Board Member of the Women in Capital Markets. In recognition of his community and professional dedication and accomplishments, in 2012 Richard was a recipient of a Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal as well as an Arbor Award from the University of Toronto
- Mr. Gluskin co-founded Gluskin Sheff + Associates Inc. (“Gluskin Sheff”) in 1984. Prior to co-founding Gluskin Sheff, Mr. Gluskin worked in the investment industry for 20 years. Mr. Gluskin received a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Toronto.
- Mr. Gluskin is a well-known industry commentator.
- He is the former Chair of the University of Toronto Asset Management Corporation and is a member of the University of Toronto’s Boundless Campaign Executive Committee. He is a member of the Mount Sinai Hospital Foundation Investment Committee and Bridgepoint Foundation Investment Committee, the Sinai Health System’s Board of Directors, and the Sinai Health System’s Resource Committee.
- Mr. Gluskin is the former Chair of the Investment Advisory Committee for the Jewish Foundation of Greater Toronto and is currently a member of its Investment Committee. Mr. Gluskin is also a member of the Toronto Symphony Foundation.
- Mr. Soberano is an accomplished entrepreneur, investor and corporate executive with extensive experience in the areas of retail, manufacturing, real estate ownership and development and corporate sales, marketing and promotions.
- Past C.E.O of Y.M. Inc., a large privately owned company that is one of North America’s leading apparel retailers, operating over 650 stores including banners such as Stitches, Bluenotes, Suzy Shier, Urban Planet, Sirens, and Siblings.
- Previously CEO of The Whitby Waterfront Development Corporation where he spearheaded the development of the highly successful Yacht Club Condominiums at Whitby Harbour in conjunction with his joint venture partner Canderel Limited.
- Mr. Soberano is also an active philanthropist, primarily through his role as President of Yaldeinu, a charity devoted to helping foreign underprivileged and victimized children, and as a founder and President of The Soberano Charitable Foundation.
- Director of Wishabi Inc.
- Mr. Berkowitz is a principal at privately held Croft Properties in New York. Croft and affiliated family entities own over 200 multi-family and commercial properties in the United States.
- Prior to Croft Properties, Mr. Berkowitz was part of a team managing over $1 billion of assets at High Rise Capital Management, a dedicated public real estate hedge fund in New York.
- Previously, Mr. Berkowitz was at Argent Ventures, an opportunistic real estate partnership based in New York, and a real estate investment banker at Lazard Freres, where he advised public real estate companies on corporate mergers and asset sales.
- Adam graduated with a BA in Economics from the University of Pennsylvania, an M.Phil from Cambridge University in England, an MA in real estate from the NYU Real Estate Institute and a JD from NYU School of Law.
Director of BrightPath Early Learning Inc.